Would You Rather... Book Edition

I can't for the life of me recall where I found this, but I'm pretty sure it's from one of my friends' blogs. I had to translate the questions from Swedish though, but I think most of them are correct. Anyway, I thought it'd be a fun thing to do here as well.

WOULD YOU RATHER...

1. Would you rather… only read trilogies or only stand-alones? Hm, I'd say trilogies. Maybe because it's so hard to find fantasy or sci-fi stand-alones, and I could probably do without some of the contemporary stand-alones.

2. Would you rather… never be allowed to read the last chapter of a book but be able to read as many books as you want OR only be allowed to read one book a year, but be allowed to finish it? I have to go with reading as many as I can but not reading the last chapter. I mean, reading one book a year? That'd be pure torture. I can always imagine the ending.

3. Would you rather… all books become movies or all books become TV shows? Movies, I guess. Mostly because I can never find the energy or time to watch TV shows. Also, I don't think it'd do most books well to be dragged out in a TV series.

4. Would you rather... write a crappy book that is critically panned but sells millions of copies (and makes you millions of dollars) or write an award-winning book that sells a few thousand and leaves you in relative obscurity? Award winning, all the way. I don't want to write something crappy, have it turned into a movie, and laugh all the way to the bank. *coughs* 50 shades of Grey *coughs* At least then I can be proud of what I've done even if only a few people read it.

5. Would you rather… be a professional reviewer or a professional author?  Reviewer. I don't consider myself great at reviewing, but I know I'm a great deal better at reviewing than writing. Also, as a professional I could read as much as I possible can.

6. Would you rather… only read your 20 favorite books over and over or only read new books and never re-read your favorites?  New books. While I love my favorites, I also almost know them outside in. So I'm always looking for my next favorite, and since I take my time while reading, I often easily remember them. Even if the next book isn't my favorite, you always learn something from every book, good or bad. So yeah, new books.

7. Would you rather… have to read 50 Shades of Grey repeatedly for an entire year OR go to every showing of the movie at your local theater for a month? Is it okay if I jump off a bridge instead? No, but I'd probably go to the showings. I can always bring a flashlight and a book. Or bring different people each time and watch their reactions.

8. Would you rather… read 5 pages a day or 5 books a week? 5 pages? Are you kidding me. Definitely 5 books a week. Reading = Happy me.

9. Would you rather...  always have to read out loud—IN A VERY LOUD VOICE THAT EVERYONE AROUND YOU CAN HEAR—or be unable to read and always have someone read to you? LOUD VOICE. I'D SHARE THE LOVE. OR STAND IN THE MIDDLE OF A CROWD READING THE MOST EMBARRASSING STORIES JUST TO EMBARRASS EVERYONE PASSING BY.

10. Would you rather… read only female authors or male authors? Tricky one. Most of my favorite authors are female; J.K. Rowling, Joyce Carol Oates, the Brontës, Jane Austen. Based on that, I'll have to go with the females. (I still love my male favorite authors. <3 )

11. Would you rather… only read physical books or e-books? Recently I read mostly e-books, but my true love is with the physical books. If I had unlimited space for them, I'd pick physical books every day of the week.

Tag people to do this quiz:

I won't tag anyone, or I'll tag everyone. Anyone who wants to, feel free to join in and do your own answers. The more who joins, the more fun. :D