Orange is The New Black by Piper Kerman

Orange Is the New Black: My Year in a Women's Prison - Piper Kerman

I absolutely hate reviewing memoirs since it's a true story, and who am I to critique and question it? Therefore, I'll keep this short.

Orange Is the New Black is probably better as a television series than book. Because there's material here to make a series out of it, but not enough to keep me interested. It becomes repetitive after a while since there isn't much happening, really. While it must be hard emotionally to go through something like this, this particular prison stayed read rather simple in comparison to other similar stories. That said, very little happens that is worth reading about, or interesting enough.

The problem, however, is not lack of insight, but depth. Too many things are described in passing, and not so much in an analyzing style. Sometimes to the point can be nice, but in moments like this, I'd prefer for Kerman to go deeper into the subject. What we get in Orange is The New Black is more of an overview of her stay in prison. So, to be short: easy read, interesting to some people, but lacks depth for those who wants more, and repetitive.