Reading progress update: I've read 11%.

Ruin  - Rachel Van Dyken

4%:

It also sounded like a movie star voice, the type that makes you want to jump into the TV screen.

I might be speaking for myself here but... I have never, ever, in my entire life, wanted to jump into a TV screen. If I'm strange for this, I'l happily be the craziest person in the room.

5%:

“One…” He held up his finger. “I’m a bit insulted that you think I’d have to break into a girl’s room to get in. Believe me. I knock, they open, I walk in. It’s as simple as that.”

So it's gonna be one of those books?

6%:

“Funny.” I rolled my eyes. “Seriously? I requested an all-girls dorm and got put in a co-ed building, and then my RA is a—” I was going to say hot guy but refrained from embarrassing myself.

“Sex god.” He said it for me. “I know, some people have all the luck.”

7%:

Lisa’s mouth dropped open. It looked like she was going to pass out. Even Gabe looked stunned. Okay, right, Weston was hot, but not hot enough to render both sexes speechless.

Yes, it's gonna be one of those books.

Except for these lovely snippets from the first chapters, we also have a new girlfriend who wonders how Kiersten has survived until college without having a boyfriend, we have the hero who's hotter than the sun, and said hero seems to already have developed a nickname for our heroine: lamb.

I imagine this will be a looooong read.