The Fault In Our Stars Movie Trailer

The Fault in Our Stars - John Green

It's been a couple of days since my latest run-in with a new movie adaptation promotion. (FSoG movie poster - http://amandasays.booklikes.com/post/771687/that-s-awkward-.) Now, a new promotion is in movement. This time, The Fault In Our Stars. Today the trailer for it was released to the public, and despite not having read the actual book, I've heard my fair share of the story from friends and people on various book sites, so much that I practically know most events in it.

That said, I watched the trailer. You can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ItBvH5J6ss#t=136.

What can I say?

I'm not impressed. I'm actually far from impressed. Pretty much the only good thing I have to say about it is that the directors haven't made the main characters Hollywood beautiful. Other than that, there are few good things. While I haven't read the book, most people who dislike it say it's manipulative. Which is how I feel the whole trailer is. I find Gus's character being way too artificial, and I am not sold on Hazel either.

Perhaps it is just me, but I can't find it in me to even be a little interested in this movie. In my opinion there are so many other books that deserves to be put into movies instead of this because I don't find it bringing anything new to the table.

I apologize right now if this might offend big fans of the book, but this is my honest opinion, no one else's. You may place your own judgement on the trailer.