Kiss of Frost by Jennifer Estep

Kiss of Frost - Jennifer Estep

DNF - no rating!

I tried and failed. To be fair, the first book in this series was a letdown. It sounded something between Percy Jackson and Vampire Academy. The first book was standard YA paranormal with all the expected elements and clichés. That's good enough to get a three star if done well. Kiss of Frost though, is too stupid for me to be able to finish.

I got to 30% and by then it was more or less a complete ripoff of Frostbite, Richelle Mead's second book in her Vampire Academy series. All with the heroine lusting after the guy training her for battle to going away for a ski trip with the entire school. Unlike Rose in the Vampire Academy series, Gwen is a snotty little brat. Going on and on about how she's not a warrior, how every thing is the academy's fault (including the students there). She's jealous of the girl hanging out with her love interest. She's being a bitch to people that are trying to help her. In general, she is simply awful. I've heard she grows up in the coming books, but I don't have the time or energy to bother.